Tuesday, 21 February 2012

Kinda Awkwaaard...

Trunk-a-Bitch (or two)

I must admit, I'm a sucker for those all too familiar awkward moments.

Be it the time when you called your teacher, "Mum.."

Or the time you responded with "I'm good, thanks!" to "Hello!"

Or even that beautiful silence, when everyone, simultaneously, shuts up.

That third one is, most definitely, my favourite. But I guess, my point is that these things happen. As embarrassing as these situations can be, they are, nonetheless,  understandable.

There can be, however, moments that aren't understandable - the awkward little things that just should not happen. Unfortunately, I had experienced one, just a few days back.

And the story goes like this...

We were heading out to play a few games of pool, as you do. G, a good friend of mine, came to pick me up, and off we went.
So there I was, sat in the car - faffing around with the heating and changing the music - when I made the regrettable decision to look up...

"OH MY HOLY...!$%#?!!!!" I shouted. "LOOK!!!"

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!" G screamed, "THAT IS FRIKKIN SCAAAARY!!"

So... Here's what we saw.

TWO ADULT GIRLSSat in the BOOT (Trunk) of a car

Excuse me, while I say...

*Aaaawkwaaaard *

This was seriously awkward. I mean, they were just there, just chillin', if you will. They glanced at us for a moment, looked away and continued to talk.

The worst of it was that they didn't even look as though they were doing anything against any normality, or against any law. They just sat there, in the boot of an empty car (aside from them and the driver, obviously) as if everything was okay. They actually seemed to be enjoying themselves.

WTF.

After laughing, for a very, very, very long time. I started to wonder about the likelihood of their situation being a punishment of some sort. I mean, maybe their dad got mad at them and shoved them in the boot. Or maybe he bought a new step-ladder, and figured that it was more worthy of sitting on actual seats, than them.

But then I remembered how much they appeared to be enjoying themselves.

Quite awkwardly..I'm going to change the topic.

My music for this week, to tie in with the 'Awkward Moment' theme, is one of the many chapters, produced by R Kelly, called Trapped in the Closet.

For those of you that are unfamiliar to this, you have been warned. These videos are highly addictive! They follow a loooong series of love affairs, through song. I have chosen this particular chapter specifically, because the ending is, in my opinion, the ultimate awkward moment.

The lead up to this video: A policeman comes home to his wife, who is acting awfully uneasy. This results in him becoming suspicious, and suggests she is hiding something...

R. Kelly - Trapped In The Closet Chapter 9


- T -


<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/6651327/?claim=z58wdr26mwa">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

9 comments:

  1. I've never seen a trunk with a view. It's called a boot, but I've only seen the ones that shut closed with no windows.

    awkward for sure! T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah... that's pretty bad, can't say I've done anything remotely close. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. My good Lord, I doubt they where sitting there for fun. They probably had no other choice. I've seen dogs looking at me from the boot of a car...but never a couple of girls. AWKWARD

    'But the man is a MIDGET....MIDGET....midget...midget...' Oh R.Kelly, you and your freakish mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whenever an awkward silence comes up I just say "gotta love the awkward silence right?"

    That usually gets people laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll admit that's very strange indeed...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess those two ladies prove that what's awkward for some, is not for others;-))

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always check my closet for R Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha that is totally crazy!

    -Jessica
    http://www.jumpintopuddles.com

    ReplyDelete